Lucy has found a new favorite treat when she goes outside. She comes back in licking her lips and I have a pretty good idea what she has been up to. She seems to enjoy it more lately since it’s been below freezing and more like a Poopcicle.
I know the best thing to do is keep the feces picked up all the time. The problem is I have 4 dogs at the house including Lucy so that is nearly impossible. Every two days the back yard looks like a minefield.
My boxer mix (Sydney) had the same problem when she was a couple years younger. It just took time to correct the behavior. I got all kinds of suggestions then of things to make the feces less enjoyable. I never tried it, but they include, red pepper, bitter apple spray, hot sauce etc.
All I can think of to do is keep the yard picked up, and keep an eye on Lucy when she is outside. If I can catch her in the act a few times and correct the behavior hopefully it will stop. Any other suggestions or ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog is to remain friendly and appropriate for reading by families with children. Violators will be immediately and permanently banned.