Okay so....originally we were fostering McBee but Julie has him for the time being so now we have Mauldin. I just want to say these two dogs are the COMPLETE opposites! Poor Mauldin is probably confused as to why these crazy people keep their shoes on a shelf 5 feet in the air! Well that is because McBee would "attack" them if they were on floor! I am sure he also thinks we are poor because we have no furniture in our kitchen....again because McBee would eat anything, so we thought it was just easier to remove everything from the kitchen so he has some play space where we didn't have to monitor him every second! McBee hated his crate it was his daily goal to get out of it. Mauldin will hang out in the crate. McBee loved toys, he had about 15 of them in the kitchen, he would put them all on his "place" (a big dog bed) and roll in them! All you would see is dog legs and toys flying in the air. I have yet to see Mauldin interested in any of them.
Mauldin is fitting in well though. It is just funny because he is so GOOD! He will lay by my feet and sleep or chew on a bone. I can also let him free in other rooms of the house and not worry about him chewing the furniture! I used to bring McBee in the living room with me and make him sit on "place" but I had to leash him. Well one day he got tangled around the end table so I let the leash go. Well he took off! I ran upstairs cause I thought that is where he went! I heard silence,...not good. Then I heard a crash downstairs! When I get in the dining room he is head first in my labs food tub (which was moved from the kitchen because he broke the top off). So all I see is two black legs sticking out of this tub. I reach in, grab him by the scruff, stick my hand in his throat and take out handfulls of food. He would have eaten all 40 lbs I am sure!
Mauldin is just much more mellow. We gave him a bath today and I think that helped him become more comfortable with us. He seems to like Steve better where Bee liked me better. Also Mauldin takes naps, and other than two times when McBee was 8 weeks old, I never saw him sleep!
These two dogs do have one thing in common, we love them both very much and they are a pleasure to be around and I wish nothing but the best for both of them!
Karen
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog is to remain friendly and appropriate for reading by families with children. Violators will be immediately and permanently banned.