I finally had a chance to get Marshall out to the park to play some new games. It was misting and getting dark, but we pulled out every last bit of sunlight before we came home. Today, Marshall learned about coming to me through a tunnel.
We also played directed jumping; which is an advanced exercise in competitive obedience. Marshall has to sit on his place while I walk to the other side of the jumps (at this point there is a barrier between the jumps). I point in the direction of the jump I want him to take. He did rather well. Sometimes he would guess so we would go back to place and start over. After a few tries, I think he actually figured out he had to watch which way. So...just something new to stretch his little brain. This was also a chance to work on "stay on place" and "sit stay". (Not to worry. The jumps are very low 8". So really it's directed running/stepping. But the idea is to understand the request for heading in the right direction.)
During this outing, he was also distracted by his foster brother barking with jealousy either tied to the fence nearby or in the car. So, another opportunity to work on keeping his attention on me no matter what I'm asking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog is to remain friendly and appropriate for reading by families with children. Violators will be immediately and permanently banned.