Marshall's "drive" was observed this weekend through some search games. We placed objects in the back yard...well, little plastic eggs with treats inside...while he was in the house. I know it would be better to search for people, but this is what I had....
I walked him around the back yard saying "search." But he didn't really have a clue what that was or why. When he noticed the first egg, it was like his head turned quickly to see something he had never noticed before. I had a party, rewarded the find and we continued our walk around the yard and continued little parties with each find.
Today we worked on directed jumping/running followed by a game of find the ball. I showed Marshall a tennis ball (one of his prized possessions) and hid it under a traffic cone. I told him to find the ball, and did help him a little. After enough of that, I added a second traffic cone and wanted to see if he could figure out which cone it was under. He would sniff around each cone, but then would start digging at the cone with the reward.
I then took him out of the room and someone else put the ball under one of the cones. I brought Marshall back in...and he found it! Now, if I could just borrow a person and play hide and seek. I think this guy just might win!
Another amazing thing...for the past few days, Marshall has been putting himself on place while I eat dinner. I have eaten many cold dinners putting Marshall back on place over the past few weeks really trying to get this message across.
He really is determined when he puts his mind to something good or bad...which makes enforcing his manners all that more challenging. When he gets it he gets it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Marshall is a genuine son of Bear, grandson of Hannah! :-) I can't wait to see him working with a child.
ReplyDelete