This weekend was a little difficult because of a chemo treatment for me, but I wanted to report on some interesting behaviors from Marshall.
We were able to meet another puppy raiser at the park early Saturday morning to get some training in. But after that, Marshall hung in there with me for lots of naps on both Saturday and Sunday. I had him on a leash with place nearby the couch and he was very content.
But the interesting thing was this morning. He did something that has been described by some of the other puppy raisers...He wouldn't let up until I got out of bed to go to work!
As I've reported before, Marshall is very attuned to his schedule. Our typical work day is to get up at 6a, eat and play then back in the crate while I get ready for work. Today, we got up at 6a, but I needed more time in bed. I gave him a chew. Usually he goes back in his crate to enjoy it, but this morning, he went in the same room as my other dog, all was well.
When it came time for me to get up, he was done with his chew, but he kept pulling on my hands and barking until I got up. I know it's not good for the "teeth" restriction, but he was persistent. I got up, put him in his crate and he settled right down....job well done, little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog is to remain friendly and appropriate for reading by families with children. Violators will be immediately and permanently banned.