Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cleo disappointment

The bad news of today is that somewhere along the path of 9 weeks gestation, Cleo has lost her babies. Signs of pregnancy had been tapering off, but today's visit with our veterinarian confirmed what we suspected: no babies. So we will have an N litter, as expected, which will be a first-time litter from Handy and Jethro. But sadly, no O puppies this month. We're very disappointed; this is a pretty big blow for DFA, but life goes on.

On the M scene, Jazzy appears to be giving some serious thought to actual labor. I can't say I've seen anything definite yet, but some big maybes as she's bitten at her flanks a few times, and wants to sleep but has trouble getting comfortable. By the calendar, it really should be today. I'll update when anything happens!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. So sad for Cleo -- and for DFA. We will keep our hopes up for Jazzy to deliver soon and safely.

    susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo....I didn't realize this happened with Cleo...I'm so sorry. Is that going to be "it" for her then?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is to remain friendly and appropriate for reading by families with children. Violators will be immediately and permanently banned.