Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday morning

For those wondering what's going on....not to worry. So am I. This is the first time I've ever had a whelping progress like this, or perhaps I should say 'not progress.' Not much has changed since the last post. Jazzy still exhibits signs of starting labor, but hasn't moved ahead yet. Dr. Malphrus tells me to be patient, that Jazzy is still within a normal time range. So here I sit, watching a whole lot of nothing new, and trying to be at least a little bit productive at the same time. I can't say I'm exactly 'being patient," as I'm not sure there's much choice involved! I'll post updates as there are any. I'm thinking I may be ready to bag the dogs and get some goldfish.

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Just as an innocent bystander I have been watching the progress of Jazzy's impending delivery. Sounds like a pretty big ordeal to me. Never having been a dog, or given birth to a litter of puppies, I'd have to say the comfy seclusion behind a propane tank seems a cozy spot to me for most anything, except perhaps smoking a cigarette. Kudos to the valiant for seeing this process to the end, but may I say there is some merit to the idea of bagging the dogs and getting some goldfish.
    a) goldfish take up much less space.
    b) goldfish eat less.
    c) vet bills for goldfish are typically less.
    d) goldfish rarely, if ever, pee on the carpet.
    e) goldfish rarely, if ever, tear the siding off the house.
    f) goldfish rarely, if ever, wake you up in the middle of the night needing to go out.
    g) goldfish rarely, if ever, wake you up in the middle of the night because they slept all day and are now bored with the silence and feel the need to pretend they need to go out.
    h) goldfish rarely, if ever, wake you up in the middle of the night because the cat is drinking out of their water bowl and they don't like it.
    i) when the cat drinks out of the goldfish's water bowl, you just buy a new fish.
    j) goldfish never bark back.
    k) goldfish never eat porch furniture.
    l) goldfish don't leave hair on the sofa.
    m) goldfish don't leave drool on the sofa.
    n) goldfish don't leave holes in the cushions on the sofa.
    o) goldfish rarely try to go behind propane tanks to have puppies.
    p) goldfish rarely bother to have puppies at all.
    q) goldfish don't dig,
    r) growl,
    s) pass gas,
    t) scratch floors,
    u) rip clothing,
    v) chew up slippers,
    w) wipe mud on the walls,
    x) pull food off the table,
    y) leave nose prints on the window,
    z) or steel all the covers.

    I definitely think goldfish are the way to go.

    Good luck to Jazzy and all those waiting!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is to remain friendly and appropriate for reading by families with children. Violators will be immediately and permanently banned.