Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Batter up!
Just because it's been so dull and boring around here lately (!) I'm happy to announce that DFA's next litter is due sometime before the weekend. Is that a promise? NO! But it does seem likely. "Handy," pictured below at the BMW Charity Pro-Am last May, is carrying 7 or 8 pups, and is technically due on Thursday. But believe me....nobody tells these dogs when to "do!" Handy's temperature is already slightly dropped. If it is down more by tomorrow morning, I'll start watching for signs of labor. This will be a first litter for Handy. Both she and the sire of the litter, Jethro, have sires that belonged to Guiding Eyes for the Blind, therefore probably several of the pups from the N litter will be traveling to New York later this fall in order to get a chance at being Guide Dogs. I'll do my best to provide updates as often as possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
This blog is to remain friendly and appropriate for reading by families with children. Violators will be immediately and permanently banned.